Sunday 8 January 2012

Mi cumpleaños

I don't really have a good track record when it comes to birthdays. For the last 5 years especially, turning a year older has seemed to be overshadowed by exams or some twist of bad luck. To give you an idea of what I mean, I spent my 21st in Bristol airport and was then treated to a comparative public law exam (in French) at 8am the next day. Then, last year, I turned 22 in the university library trying to write a chapter of my dissertation, party animal that I am...

Mi tarjeta!
In the absence of exams/ a dissertation/ cancelled flights, I had slightly higher hopes for my 23rd, but I could have never imagined how fabulous it was going to be!!

Last night, I thought I was going for a quiet drink with my flatmate at a friend's bar and told everyone on facebook that we could meet up to go out at 11pm. Some people showed up at my flat at 9.30 and I was taking ages trying to get myself ready, oblivious to the fact that they were trying desperately to usher my friend Sebastian (whose 25th is today) and I out the door!

So we dawdled along to the bar at a leisurely pace and were expecting only one other person to be there. Instead, we were greeted with all of our friends in party hats, with a huge cake and cards for us! I was so surprised, I wanted to cry!

Absolutely HUGE THANKS go to my wonderful flatmate Inma, who organised the party and somehow kept it a secret, to Diego, José and David for getting the cakes and decorating, to Rafa for his magic Caipirinhas and to everyone for coming!! I can't believe I've only known you people for a few months and you went to such trouble to make my birthday so special!   

Me with the best flatmate and party planner EVER!
My fabulous amigos!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You're welcome :)

Post a Comment